Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Musette Beauty File: Dolly Parton

"I'm not offended by dumb blonde jokes because I know that I'm not dumb. I also know I'm not blonde."

As a poor girl growing up in the Tennessee hills, Dolly Parton knew in her heart she would one day be famous. She had a penchant for make-up and hairspray, but also possessed a standout personality and an angelic singing voice. Dolly headed to Nashville during the 60's and soon after her arrival was being paid to write songs and perform on live television shows.

"It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!"


As hits such as Jolene and I Will Always Love You climbed the country charts in the 70's, Dolly Parton proved to the public there was a pure talent that accompanied her flamboyant style. Dolly has continued to stick with the rhinestones, peroxide and cleavage-bearing dresses that got her noticed in the first place. Throughout her huge success, Dolly has never once swayed from her original idea of glamor.

"Your laughter brings me sunshine, everyday is springtime..."

Today this cowgirl continues to wow the world, currently singing her way through the much anticipated Backwoods Barbie tour. There is no one else quite like Dolly, and she has served as inspiration to a generation of musicians. Here's to Dolly Parton, for being a bright ray of platinum sunshine in a sometimes gloomy world.

X Musette 4 Dolly x