Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tackle the Burrrrs With Violets for your Furs

Winter doesn't have to be all about pasty skin, wind burn and numb fingertips. In fact, the coziest of all seasons has potential to be just as romantic as the warm summer sun.

Princess Grace is adored by fans on a chilly Manhattan street.

Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal make the most of the snowy weather in a scene from Love Story, 1970.

Take a cue from Ali and Grace by embracing the cold instead of cursing it.
Marni Fall 2008 RTW

Don't be afraid to go all out this winter in elaborate warm woollies that will have every passerby gazing in envy.
Marc Jacobs Fall 2008 RTW

When the winter blues are getting you down do not despair; wrap up in your favorite scarf, let the nippy air invigorate you, and whistle that oh so relevant tune by Billie Holiday:

It was winter in Manhattan
Falling snowflakes filled the air
The streets were covered with a film of ice
But a little simple magic that I'd heard about somewhere
Changed the weather all around, just within a trice

You bought me violets for my furs
And there was blue in the wintry sky
You pinned the violets to my furs
And gave a lift to the crowds passing by
You smiled at me so sweetly
Since then one thought occurs
That we fell in love completely
The day you bought me violets for my furs

Many butterfly kisses & snow angels from Musette to you x