Friday, January 23, 2009

They Said It! Musette's Year in Quotes

Whether they made us laugh, cringe or somehow do both, Musette highlights some of the best spoken word 2008 was witness to.

DERELICTE!


"The people with the best style for me are the people that are the poorest. Like, when I go down to Venice beach and I see the homeless, like, I'm like, 'Oh my God, they're pulling out, like, crazy looks and they, like, pulled shit out of like garbage cans.'"

-Model Erin Wasson makes us go WHAAAA?!!!

MUSINGS OF A MISSONI

"It's a place where you can be busy all the time without ever doing anything."

-Margherita Missoni on her (charmed) life in Manhattan.

...And how would the year possibly have been the same without that beautiful Sarah Palin backlash?

CUE: MATT DAMON


"It's like a really bad Disney movie. The hockey mom from Alaska and she's the president and it's like she's facing down Vladimir Putin and using the folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink and it's absurd...I need to know if she really thinks dinosaurs were here 4,000 years ago because she's going to have the nuclear codes."

-He's always been easy on the eye, but now Musette hearts Matt for life.

CUE: BRIGITTE BARDOT


"I know dogs well and I can assure you that no pitbull, no dog, nor any other animal is as dangerous as you are."

-BB recites a scathing letter she composed for the Vice President hopeful.

STERLING ADVICE


"Wear underwear! Wear your panties."


-We always new Mary-Kate was smart but her thoughts on how young Hollywood should stay out of trouble is really rather brilliant.

INSIGHTFUL...


"We're always looking for answers. Some people are looking for it in a socialite maybe. But you know, it just depresses me: Some girl named Peaches who lives in the Bronx…looks at this world and says, 'Oh wow.' And I would never want to give off something that is an illusion, because you hurt people that way. And they're already struggling so much—the people."

-Arden Wohl makes the peoples' eyes roll.

OH! BAMA

"To name my greatest strength, perhaps it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible I'm a little too awesome."

-Barack Obama does have a knack for sarcasm but on this one we may have to genuinely agree.

PRESIDENTIAL MINX


"When I have my photo taken, I don't say 'cheese.' I say 'sex'"

-Carla Bruni lets us in on the secret behind that sultry pout.